Level 1 Course Introduction:
THIS CLASS IS FOR PARTICIPANTS 16 YEARS AND UP.
The F.I.I. LEVEL 1 Course is an introduction to the F.I.I. Education system.
This is a 1.5 day course covering everything from safety & problem management, breathing techniques, & equipment selection to correct feediving methods for gradual depth progression.
This course is ideal for SCUBA divers, spearfisherman, & photographers wishing to master the basic freediving techniques of our system enabling you to confidently freedive to depths up to 66 feet / 20 meters and a static breath hold of up to 3 minutes.
We will Cover:
- LEVEL 1 SAFETY & PROBLEM MANAGEMENT FOR FREE DIVING
- LEVEL 1 STATIC APNEA TECHNIQUE DEVELOPMENT
- LEVEL 1 CONFINED WATER RESCUE AND BUDDY SUPERVISION TECHNIQUES
- INTRODUCTION TO FREEDIVING SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT
- BASIC PHYSICS AND PHYSIOLOGY FOR THE LEVEL 1 FREEDIVER
- FREEDIVING TECHNIQUE DEVELOPMENT
- CORRECT BREATHING FOR FREEDIVING
- EQUALIZATION TECHNIQUES FOR THE LEVEL 1 FREEDIVER
- OPEN WATER RESCUE SKILLS, BUDDY SUPERVISION AND SELF EVALUATION
Participants will be encouraged to take a 30 minute test in course completion to gain the Level 1 Certification Card. This is required to advance in further freediving training.
Student Learning Materials
- LEVEL 1 STUDENT MANUAL AND WORKBOOK
- LEVEL 1 ACADEMIC REVIEW
As a F.I.I. Level 1 Freediver, you will use the following equipment:
- TIMING DEVICE
Certification Level: Level 1 Freediver
Students are not required to dive the maximum depth of the course for certification. F.I.I. certification tests are based on the skills and knowledge you will master throughout the course.
Oliver Haroun’s Bio
Oliver was born in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire, West Africa. He’s lived all over the world, and while the cities changed one thing remained consistent – he was always near water. His love of the ocean started as a fun hobby, but it quickly propelled itself into his passion. To fuel that passion, he became dedicated to learning the craft of diving. Impressively, Oliver is currently a certified rescue diver, a certified freediving professional through two organizations (PFI, FII), and a certified freediving instructor (FII). He teaches the FII curriculum as Drift Freediving – found him on facebook at https://facebook.com/driftFreediving .
Today, Oliver dives depth in excess of 140′ and can hold is breath for over 5m 15s and when he isn’t teaching others to dive or diving himself, he is taking photos and videos to capture the magnificence of the underwater terrain.
- Level 1 Feb 28th 2015 – Mar 1st 2015
- Level 1 Mar 14th 2015 – Mar 15th 2015
- Level 1 Apr 11th 2015 – Apr 12th 2015
- Level 1 May 2nd 2015 – May 3rd 2015
- level 1 May 16th 2015 – May 17th 2015
- Level 1 Jun 13th 2015 – Jun 15th 2015
- Level 1 Jul 11th 2015 – Jul 12th 2015