Advanced Diver Certification
The purpose of this course is to give the diver an overview of 5 different specialties, 2 core, and 3 additional SDI Specialties. The two core specialties are, SDI Deep and Navigation. One dive, from each of the specialties, may apply toward a complete specialty certification. Overhead environments and non-diving specialties are not allowed, and do not count toward the 3 chosen specialties. Nitrox can be included in the Advanced Class.
- Book Work ~ Reading the book and answering all of the knowledge reviews.
- My-Learning ~ My Learning takes you through an interactive course Advanced Diver subjects at home on your computer at your own pace. Feel free to start on any device in you house and switch over to another platform (i.e. desktop to an Ipad)
- One Ocean dive will be completed for each specialty completed in the knowledge reviews.
- Some of our favorite Specialties to do is Wreck, Night, and Advanced Buoyancy
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent; juniors can only take specialties approved for their age
- 2. Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent